Keep your eye on this… Monsanto has just released a new “sweetener” that’s based on the Aspartame formula… and it’s already been shown to be highly toxic. How do they get away with it? Because the FDA is a corrupt organization that sells our health for cash. Check this out:
Neotame has similar structure to aspartame — except that, from it’s structure, appears to be even more toxic than aspartame. This potential increase in toxicity will make up for the fact that less will be used in diet drinks. Like aspartame, some of the concerns include gradual neurotoxic and immunotoxic damage from the combination of the formaldehyde metabolite (which is toxic at extremely low doses) and the excitotoxic amino acid. Given all of the suffering being caused by Monsanto’s aspartame, the prudent course would be to start out with the assumption that it may cause toxic damage or cancer from long-term exposure and conduct many thorough, long-term, and independent human studies to see the effects.
Even Monsanto’s own pre-approval studies of neotame revealed adverse reactions. Unfortunately, Monsanto only conducted a few one-day studies in humans rather than encouraging independent researchers to obtain NIH funding to conduct long-term human studies on the effects of neotame.
It is obvious to anyone who has thoroughly read the scientific literature on aspartame that 1) nearly 100% of the independent studies found problems with aspartame (Monsanto’s studies never showed problems); and 2) that industry-funded studies bordered on fraudulent research (and a Grand Jury was convened because the officials wanted to pursue fraud charges). Much of industry-funded research related to other Monsanto products such as rBGH and toxic carpeting is similarly deceptive and poorly designed. In addition, a “research” organization led by one of Monsanto’s close business parters was caught hiding a reaction-causing substance in beverages given to control groups in double-blind studies. (They did this for 13 years!)
Given all of the problems with aspartame industry research and scientific abuse, it is clear that any neotame research that Monsanto, industry groups, or consultants or research friends of Monsanto have any part of should be rejected until which time more trustworthy, independent research can be conducted. Such experiments should include independent animals studies and especially long-term (e.g., 4-5 years+) human studies in various susceptible population groups.
Is it too much to ask for food that hasn’t been manhandled by a gene-jockey?… or food that doesn’t contain neurotoxins that were intentionally put there? Unfortunately, it gets worse. The FDA is ridiculously corrupt, and if you didn’t know that already, this should provide enough evidence…
On July 5, 2002 – Monsanto’s Neotame molecule was approved by the US FDA over formally registered objections of the Aspartame Consumer Safety Network and others. (Long term effects on humans are unknown.) Read the full release on The Aspartame Consumer Safety Network.
The food labeling requirements required for aspartame have now been dropped for Neotame, and no one is clear why this was allowed to happen. Neotame has been ruled acceptable, and without being included on the list of ingredients, for:
- USDA Certified Organic food items.
- Certified Kosher products with the official letter k inside the circle on labels.
And how do they get away with this every time?
- Monsanto’s subsidiary, the FDA, will accept Monsanto research as if it were legitimate.
- Monsanto will given money to their research consultants at various institutions (rather than NIH funding of truly independent researchers) to repeat poorly designed tests and “confirm” neotame safety. This is what they did with aspartame so that they could claim safety.
- The FDA and Monsanto will claim that “comprehensive” research [by Monsanto consultants] at various institutions proves that neotame is safe. There will be alot of press releases, PR statements from their friends in the research community, and from organizations they fund (e.g., IFIC, ADA, etc.). This will be a time of a massive PR blitz. Please see “Toxic Sludge Is Good For You” for information on these techniques.
- The FDA will claim to track adverse reaction reports. But they made the same claim when they told people that had received only 16 aspartame toxicity reaction reports in 1996, but refused to tell people that they stopped taking such adverse reaction reports in early 1996.
Fight for your food, people! We’re going to spend the rest of our lives trying to avoid all the toxins we’ve put in our food, and it’s already not going well for us. There are no longer any redeeming factors to companies like Monsanto, who are literally poisoning us KNOWINGLY for profit. If you ever see anything with the name Monsanto, destroy it, run away, or don’t buy it. Also… if you haven’t seen it already, you must watch the documentary “The world according to Monsanto“. It’s eye opening.